The health and safety of our entire camp community are our primary concerns.
While we hope that your daughter spends all of her camp days in good health, we are always prepared.
- Our health center is staffed 24 hours a day with a camp doctor, team of registered nurses, and health administrator. We also have an EMT on staff.
- Two health calls per day (after breakfast and dinner). Of course, campers who are not feeling well are welcome at any time.
- Children receive routine medications at mealtimes and bedtime according to the documentation provided on their health history form.
- Our health center includes a large day room, several private rooms and air-conditioned isolation rooms.
- EpiPens are placed throughout camp in line with State of NH Standards.
- We are a short distance to local hospitals including access to Dartmouth’s Mary Hitchcock Hospital.
- All camp bathrooms are sanitized daily by our in-house cleaning staff.
- Campers towels are washed daily on-site. Sheets and clothing are washed weekly.
Many measures are taken to ensure the safety of our camp community:
- Staff are personally interviewed.
- References are checked on all staff.
- Background checks are conducted on all staff by an outside professional organization.
- All staff attend a 10-day orientation.
- Staff are continually evaluated and supported throughout the summer.
- Cabins are equipped with smoke detectors and well-secured fire extinguishers.
- Fire and emergency plans are in place.
Camp Robindel is a member of the New Hampshire Camp Directors Association and the American Camp Association. We are accredited by the American Camp Association, and are a part of the Founders in Camping branch, reserved for camps that have been in continual operation for over 50 years.